For the first time ever I signed up for MOPS and as usual the only question I have for myself is
WHY DIDNT I SIGN UP SOONER??
Today we learned all about giving our children age appropriate chores. (These are my notes from what I got out of it)
They shall do said chores, without being paid for them, as their contribution to the family, just like mommy changes poop without expecting anything in return and Dad goes to work every day to pay the bills.
A spoiled child turns into a spoiled adult.
As moms our gift to society is to teach our children instead of spoiling our child.
I came home today, put the girls in their cribs for naps and sat down to work on getting this big Carlykins order prepped. As I was cutting paper for the clips I thought hey these stripes would be perfect to write each individual chore on, a magnet on the back, and a chart on the frig!! So that is exactly what I started doing!
(Sorry for some reason it will not accept it when I twist the picture the right direction)
When the kids got home from school. They noticed my chart right away and of course started asking questions. And just as I thought at first there was a bunch of "Aww man chores" but then when I went on to explain how they got to choose their own and they only had to do 3 of the red ones a week and 1 daily chore they really got into it and even started fighting about who would do what chore! It was amazing!!
Jacob wanted to wash the back doors for me! Which was awesome! The dogs had really gotten them muddy considering there is no grass back there!!
Carly choose to mop! I was shocked! And remember before you mop you must ............SWEEP!! So she actually did 2 chores!!
Paityn choose to empty the dishwasher for her chore but I did not get a picture because she required a little assistance. She also sets the table every night for dinner and LOVES it!! She really gets into it if she has the time too. She loves putting table clothes on and fresh cut flowers from my garden. She can get really creative!
I really learned so much this morning at MOPS! I am so glad I signed up for MOPS finally!! I have a great little group of women and we all seem to mix very well.
No comments:
Post a Comment