the quickest thing I could come up with was our nightly routine since it is what I literally just got done doing!
I must admit this is one of my favorite but yet sometimes most stressful time of day.
I started a routine when Jacob was a newborn, and let me just tell you it was a LIFE SAVER!! Still is a Life Saver every day!!!
From the get go Clay has been in charge of bath time at 7:30 (precisely like I am Mary Poppins herself)
They stay in bath for about 15-20 minutes then get their pjs on.
When Jacob was a baby I would hold him in my arms and sing him to sleep singing "You are my sunshine".
After Carly was born Clay started reading Jacob stories after bath and I would sing Carly to sleep with "Silent Night" (side story for that song selection is Carly was due on Christmas Eve, she came 3 weeks early thank goodness)
When Paityn came along Carly moved up to stories with Dad and I would sing Paityn "Jesus Loves Me", as a matter of fact I think I can probably still to this day get Paityn to sleep if I sing her this song!!
When Katrina came into our lives I had just learned an awesome different sorta happy up beat version of "Amazing Grace" so that became her song. I sang it to her on the delivery table when she was placed in my arms for the first time. My doctor still remembers that.
Then came dear ole Abbi. I just recently gave the duty of singing Katrina to sleep to Clay before he reads stories to the big kids, while I now sing Abbi to sleep. I still try and get in to sing Katrina to sleep as often as I can but it is few and far between now. Back to Abbi's song; I am not sure of the name of the song I sing Abbi, and I am not sure of all the words but I love the verse/chorus I do know. It goes like this
"Let the Glory of the Lord endure forever. Let the Lord be glad in His works. I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praise to my god while I have my being.".
I am still friends with a lot of my youth group friends from high school and they have told me the name and given me the words but this verse is most powerful to me so I just sing it over and over.
After songs I say the Lords prayer, which all of my kids typically have memorized by the age of 3 and can repeat it back to you. So awesome!!
Clay reads stories then sings the older kids each their song, says prayer and dream prayer (a little something I started when the kids started having bad dreams! Let me tell you it has worked like a champ! My kids hardly ever come down because they are scared or had a bad dream because of this DREAM PRAYER!!) before he walks out of their room.
With the kids being on such a routine at night I get time with my husband each night which I think is very important even if we are both conked out and vegged to the TV at least we are by ourselves and together. We do actually go outside each night for some quiet reflection as soon as we get the kids in bed! That quiet reflection time is a BLESSING!! but sometimes we both need a little reminder that we can not bring our phones out there!! We got a little addicted to Angry birds and I would always make him complete the levels I had gotten stumped on! Then he loved the game so much he downloaded it on his phone! For a few nights it was a bird throwing mess on the front porch instead of quiet relaxing reflection time!!
OK hopefully this was a long enough blog to satisfy my "sick of football" friend!! Love you!! You know who you are!! Maybe I should add a Redskin Logo to the very beginning of this blog to throw you off!! HA HA HA HA HA
That made me remember something funny.
I just signed up for MOPS (moms bible study at church) we just recently had a "kickoff meeting" for the study and we all met at church one night about a week ago. I walk in and to my surprise there was FOOTBALL decorations all over the place. I thought "How strange?". I finally asked towards the end of the night "Ok so whats the deal with all the football decorations and footballs on the table" and they all chuckled and said they wondered when that would be asked!! HA HA HA I am the sucker all the time!! They stuck me in a dunk tank and threw footballs and dunked me!! NO I AM SO JUST KIDDING!! Just making sure you are still on your toes and have not fallen asleep while reading MY BLOG!! The MOPS women did the football theme since it was a "Kickoff meeting" ....... ya it took me a while to put two and two together too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment