A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that as a mom of 5 I probably have a great MUST HAVEs list!!
So I figure I would start my list!
First thing I would say you must have even if you only have 1 child is a DOG!!
All homes with children should have at least one dog!! And I am not just saying that because no dog deserves to be KILLED in an animal shelter! I am saying it cause a dog will clean up messes that you did not even know were there! A dog will also clean up messes that you do not want to clean up! Jacob, my first born, had a reflux issue and would spit up constantly!! And when I say constantly I mean CONSTANTLY!! Got me!! Ok so Angel was our dog when Jacob was a baby and let me tell you she would come running from anywhere in the house when she heard him burp cause well the burps were usually followed by something else! Princess Coco Rosebud Dillard is our dog now and she will do the same thing with Abbi!! Thank God for dogs!! I could not imagine how often I would be vacuuming snacks or cleaning up puke if I did not have a dog!!
Second thing on my list would be a white noise machine! It doesnt matter if you only have 1 baby or 10 babies! If you live in a neighborhood or out in the country a white noise machine can and will block out all noise and for some strange reason the noise they make calms babies down. Come to think of it I even have 2 white noise apps on my iphone right now! When you are stuck in a doctors office waiting room for 45 minutes you can totally calm a screaming baby down by turning on white noise! It is amazing!! I even sleep to one of the white noise apps on my phone! I love white noise!
Third would be Pampers Swaddler diapers!! I do not know how exactly to describe these diapers other than THEY ARE THE BOMBDIGITY!!!! They have this liner that I just cant explain. It pulls the pee away from the bottom so there is less chance of diaper rash. Does that make sense? Who cares if it does THEY ROCK!! They are a must have!! By the time baby reaches size 3 diapers it is time to switch to LUVS brand diapers cause the Swaddlers are Expensive (but so worth it)!!
Forth would be a fenced in yard!! So you can put the Dog out back and the CHILDREN and not worry that they will escape!! HA HA We just got our fence this past Spring and the only question Clay and I ask ourselves is "WHY DID WE WAIT SO LONG" it has been the best investment EVER!!
I know I have a few more must haves but right now my MUST DO is Abbi's nap!!
No comments:
Post a Comment