Tuesday, September 6, 2011

RIP shimmer & shiny


RIP Shimmer & Shiny

Well I killed Paityn's fish :(

Their water had not been changed since we bought the darn fish, and for some reason I thought yesterday would be the day to do it.
So I prepped for this moment for 3 days in advance.
I saved big Gatorade jugs (we go through a lot of Gatorade in this house).
I filled them with water and set them aside so the water would all be the same temperature.
I used the drops to clear the water of whatever the freak those drops clean the water of. (Clean water? Really?)
I put the fish in a small bowl of their own water.
Cleaned the tank, cleaned the rocks, changed the filter, everything I knew to do I did it.
Put the fish back in their tank and with in 2 hours they were both belly up!
For some reason the sucker fish is still alive and doing fine but Shimmer and Shiny both had to be flushed to the BIG SEA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment