Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Words I Would Say"

If there was any song in the world that I could get my kids to memorize it would be this song! It is by The Sidewalk Prophets and the title of the song is "Words I would say". This song is absolutely AMAZING!
Let me give you a quick story to my introduction to this song.
Last year my generous, loving husband sent me on a weeks vacation to the US Virgin Islands. My mother owns a condo there and took the week off to go with me and be my tour guide. I was 3 months pregnant with Abbi (which is a whole other story I must blog about some day). Katrina was 11 months old and very attached to Mommy, as I her, so she joined me. Let me tell you it was an amazing trip!! Anyways while there my mother kept talking about a singer Mark Schultz and how she had this dvd she wanted to share with me. She thought she had brought it but the case was empty. Anyways, (phew and this is the short version hahaha) when we get back to DC and to the car Mom turned on the stereo right away and a song came on immediately, she gasped and said "Oh you have to hear this one first!! This is my favorite song!" :

"Three in the morning, and I’m still awake
So I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing just what I’d say
If we were face to face

I’d tell you just what you mean to me
Tell you these simple truths

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You’re gonna do great things
I already know
God’s got His hand on You
So don’t live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don’t forget why you’re here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

Last time we spoke you said you were hurting
And I felt your pain in my heart
I want to tell you that I keep on praying
That love will find you where you are

I know cause I’ve already been there
So please hear these simple truths

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You’re going to do great things
I already know
God’s got His hand on You
So don’t live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don’t forget why you’re here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would

Say… from one simple life to another
I will say… come find peace in the Father

Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You’re gonna do great things
I already know
God’s got His hand on You
So don’t live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don’t forget why you’re here

Take your time and pray
And thank God for each day
His love will find a way
These are the words I would say"

Sidewalk Prophets, The Words I would Say

When the song was over I asked her to play it again. Then again, and again (sure you get the point). Before I left her house to head back to NC she made me a copy of the cd! Let me just say this cd no longer works! The kids and I have worn it out! The kids have memorized it and have even called Momma K and sung it to her! I have the lyrics printed out and put on the front, inside cover of the journal I have previously mentioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment