As a parent one of my favorite things to do is re-live things I did as a child through my children. Do you remember loosing teeth?
All of us lost teeth!!
Some parents made bigger deals of it then others, and some "tooth fairies" were more generous then others!
When Jacob got his first "wiggly" tooth I immediately got on-line and ordered him a little special tooth pillow with a pocket to put his tooth in. When Carly got her first "wiggly" tooth I got her a pillow (and I ordered one for Paityn too, so I would be a step ahead).
A few weeks ago Carly got off the bus wearing a little necklace from the School Nurses office. It had a tooth pendant hanging from it. I asked "What is that?" Carly said all excited "It's my tooth! I lost a tooth at school!!", as she opened the pendant to show me her tooth inside. I responded with "I didn't even know you had a loose tooth." In which Jacob chimed in with "I know, we don't tell you when we have loose teeth anymore .......(pause for effect)........ cause you always pull them out!"
Needless to say the tooth fairy tradition has been lost. Carly lost a tooth on her trip to GA this past weekend. She did manage to bring it home, and asked where her pillow was so she could put it in there, but then never brought it upstairs to her bed. Oh well. What do you do?
Here is a picture of the adorable pillows I bought the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment