As a mom of 5 I must say there are only 2 absolutely HORRIFIC parts of being a mom!!
1. TEETHING!!!
Not just for the obvious reason of the pain and discomfort your child is in, or the all the crying from the pain, or even the sleepless nights for weeks at a time. The worst part of teething is the EVERYTHING IN THE MOUTH FACTOR!!! Everything and I mean everything has to be tested by the tongue and newly coming teeth!! I am a paranoid freak during this time in my babies life!! I feel like the vacuum is used more then my tooth brush!!
Just the other night with Abbi she had a Lego in her mouth and was gumming it with her new teeth. I grabbed it out of her mouth and as I was handing it to Paityn and telling her to take it back upstairs and not play with them anymore I found change on the floor. Jacob had ridden his bike up the ice cream shop and had change in his pockets that was falling out. Next thing I know Abbi is in the dining room gagging on something. I ran to her tipped her on her belly and started patting her back. NOTHING. and she is still gagging. I shave my finger down her throat (I have to do this on a constant basis it seems with goldfish) but I found nothing. Mind you she is still gagging and not taking full breaths of air. So I grab the phone to call 911 and see all my kids sitting there, innocently, without a clue as too what is going on watching cartoons. So I grab my cell phone and head out front to save them from seeing me FLIP OUT on the phone with 911 as my baby is in my arms gagging and not breathing or making a noise. As I walk out the front door and down the porch steps Abbi sees Cleo sitting there and kicks her feet and lets out this little squeal of excitement. So I turn her around and hold her in the air and look at her and she just smiles at me as if to say "What's up mom? Why you trippin?" I dont think I have ever embraced her so tightly!! Then Clay pulls up with dinner. We eat and keep an eye on her and we both think she is breathing a little heavy as if not getting full breaths. So I put her in the van and head to the ER. They do 4 x-rays and find nothing! So now its poop duty for 2 days just to be sure.
#2 POTTY TRAINING!!!!
Potty training in itself is really not so bad. You sit them on the toilet turn on the water and read them a book. You buy Charmin wipes that you can flush down the toilet and get a little potty seat. Voilla. Easy!!
The hard part is when you dare to take them in public while potty training or until they are big enough to NOT HOLD ON!! I swear it grosses me out just to type about it. I am honestly not a germ-a-phobe!! But when I take a potty training child to any public restroom it honestly makes me want to EARL!!! They always want to grab the toilet when they sit down to balance themselves. It doesnt matter if I sit them on the potty and then hold them they still some how always manage to grab the dag gum freaking toilet!!! AHHHHHH It is so freaking nasty!! So nasty!! No antibacterial soap or lotion or anything after they do this can put my mind at ease!! Makes me not want to potty train Katrina or Abbi till they are 8 and their feet touch the floor when sitting on a toilet!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment