Wednesday, August 24, 2011

End of the Moo-Moo Cow

So ends another chapter in my life.
I called this chapter "Moo-Moo Cow"
All 5 of my babies have been breast fed babies. I must say it is my absolute favorite part of the whole experience. There is something about it I just cant explain. It is a closeness that no words could really describe. My therapist called it my "high". Gotta say he is/was right. It is a "high" for me.
Each child cut me off on their own. My plan was always for at least 1 year, but none of them have made it that long. Jacob cut me off at 7 months but I had so much frozen and stored that I think he actually did get breast milk for his whole first year. Carly cut me off at 7 months. Paityn 9 months, Katrina 10 months and well looks like Abbi has cut me off and she will be 9 months in a week.
The "Moo-Moo Cow" Chapter of my life has come to an end.
Since Abbi is my last baby there will be no more.
I have enjoyed this chapter the most so far! I loved pregnancy but I hated pregnancy as well. There is not a single thing about breast feeding that I hated. I even got mastitis with Abbi and let me tell you that HURTS!! Worse then any pain I have ever felt before!! But even suffering through that. there is nothing about this chapter that I hated. Mastitis was no fun, getting bit hurts A LOT, especially once teeth are present, but nothing I hated.
In fact I love it so much I begged Clay to find the breast feeding channel in the delivery room during Abbi's birth. He never found it, but it did keep him busy and out of my face ;) !! I love my husband I really do. The only time I have ever wanted him on another planet was during delivery!

Good-Bye Moo-Moo Cow!! Thank you God for giving me the ability to do this for each of my children. It has been a true gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment