This is a line in a country song. So very true!
I would also have to say that some of God's greatest gifts beside my husband and children of course would be my SIBLINGS!! I love my siblings! There was a time when I wouldnt have dared say that. If you knew my siblings you would know why!! HA HA HA HA HA
No but seriously I just spent yesterday with 2 of my siblings, Karen & Garet at a White Water Rafting place in Charlotte, NC and let me tell you it was the most fun I have had in quite some time!! Garet went to this place for his birthday and posted some pictures of it! I commented on his pictures about how I wanted to go, he commented back that he was going again next month and I invited myself in a heartbeat!! He said OK!! BONUS!! Then I asked if I could ask our other siblings if maybe they wanted to go. Karen said YES!! BONUS!! Two of my favorite people!!
We went down the rapids 5 times and had an absolute ball!! It was so much fun. Then we went and waited to get kayaks down at the river. Kayak was no where near as exciting as the rafting but at least now I can say that I have done it. After that we went back and waited in line to do the Mega Zip Line. While waiting in line Garet says he is going to go check something out and he disappears. Next thing you know he is back and stating that the Mega Jump had "No line"! Only a little brother can make an older sister eat her words so well! Earlier in the day I had made fun of a lady that had the whole line cheering for her so she would go ahead and jump. She never did and turned around and went back like a sucker! So I stupidly made the comment "That doesnt seem so high. I would jump it. I mean come on, you are securely attached." As a matter of fact after kayaking we saw this woman walk by and Karen even made a comment and we all chuckled. So when Garet came back with "There's no line" I couldn't NOT jump! No way am I letting my LITTLE brother 1 up me like that. So I go back there and get the harness on and head up the steps. The whole time uttering profanity towards my little brother under my breath!! I get up there and if Garet had not been standing down there I so would have said FUDGE THIS and walked back down, but there was Garet with a smile from ear to ear laughing his butt off and yelling something at me!! When that guy told me to step up to the red dots I really wished I could do an Adriane Famous Spit surprise right on Garets face!!
The day was awesome!! Absolutely AWESOME!! We all had a lot of fun! I am so blessed to have the siblings I have! God has truly blessed me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment