Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Handy-Man

My husband really surprised me this past weekend.
When hurricane Irene hit our gutters took on a lot of rain. The wood under them was pretty rotten and the very top gutter gave a good fight but was drooping in the middle (I should have gotten a before picture). Clay said he was going to fix it himself and boy did I get scared!
See my husband is a genius when it comes to computers but when he even talks about going to the hardware store I have a mini panic attack. Now don't get me wrong he can build a table or a book shelf but when it comes to home repairs.......ayyeee
A few weekends ago he bought the wood and has spent a weekend or two just painting the wood. I was able to put off the actual job for many weekends but I ran out of things this past weekend and he went to work. I was so nervous! Especially when he said he was going to have Jacob help! Talk about your heart sinking! My son and my husband on the roof........ayyeee
I decided I would just sit in the living room with Katrina and Abbi, watch some Elmo and try to forget about whats going on. Then BAM BOMB LOUD CRASH and I go running out there...........it was the gutter. They had gotten it off.
  In this picture you can see the gutter down, Clay holding the ladder as Jacob climbs it to get the wood off and Carly sitting on the roof watching. Jacob did not stay up here long. I dont blame him!
Here is Clay ripping the old rotted wood off. I wish I had snapped a picture of what it looked like when he got the wood off.





Here it is all fixed. The gutter still needs to be cleaned but it looks Marvelous!! I am so very impressed with my handy man!! He did a great job and was done so quick!! I was shocked!!


No comments:

Post a Comment