Yesterday when the girls got home from school I had a basket sitting on the kitchen table with pink unmade headbands on my computer. Of course Carly and Paityn were very curious thinking it was CRAFT TIME again!! My girls are like me and LOVE new crafts! They started asking questions about the basket and I reminded them about the orphans in the Ukraine that I am trying to help raise money for with Carlykins. We had a short little conversation about it all and I put the basket away so no little fingers could get everything dirty and I went about preparing dinner.
In the middle of making dinner the girls started fighting about the markers and who was using which one and so forth. I typically try not to get involved in sibling fights cause then my involvement would be never ending. I turn around and ask them what they are fighting about and how they can solve it like I usually do then saw what they were working on and got curious my dag gum self. I asked Carly what on earth they were doing and she told me "working on some crafts for the orphans"
My heart melted! She wanted to show the orphans LOVE and AFFECTION through crafts!!
How flipping cool is that!!
Thank you God for letting me an influence on my children like this!!
AND Thank you God even more for showing me and not letting me miss it by cooking the family dinner!! Thank you for the sibling bickering! You always know how to get our attention dont you Father!!
No comments:
Post a Comment