Sunday, December 11, 2011

WOW!!

My children are AWESOME!!
Let me brag about my kids!!
I posted a bit ago about our idea for compassion bags, remember?
Anyways just this morning a Godly lady friend of mine posted about Jesus and Santa. LONG STORY short I decided that today was the day we would talk to our kids about the TRUE meaning of Christmas and how we are to be giving instead of receiving etc.....
At brunch I got out my "compassion bag" sample from MOPS and went on to tell the kids about how I wanted to do this for Christmas this year and how we were going to spend money on these bags this year instead of gifts for under the tree.
Can I tell you, I am tearing up just writing this post. My Angels on loan from God wanted to drop everything and do these bags right now!! Their hearts are so big!! We also explained to the children how we gave a portion of the gift money to a needy family on our street who may loose their home.
My fear of their being tears and anger about not receiving for themselves this year were totally unnecessary!! We have raised our kids to want to help and want to give to others!! I am so proud of Clay and myself and I am so proud of our children!!
Thank you God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment