Sunday, March 25, 2012

Family Challenge Game

I came up with an idea today that I must admit I AM PRETTY DARN PROUD OF MYSELF for coming up with. *toot tooting my own horn

Anyways, Clay is always complaining about how he wishes we could put our kids in Private School so they would get a better education. Or homeschool so we can teach them the truth as we see it instead of what Public School is drilling into them. I always tell him we can teach them this at home and to find positive things about school and all they ARE learning.
To get to the point I came up with an idea today that I think is awesome.
I called it the "Family Challenge"
We will draw a challenge from the hat and they will have 2 weeks to learn as much as they can about the topic and then who ever can learn/memorize/whatever the most that child wins.
some of the topic we came up with at dinner were
  • Founding Fathers
  • President
  • 50 states 
  • each states Capitol 
  • put the states in alphabetical order
  • solar system
  • periodic table
  • how many bones in the body (what are they?)
  • First 10 woman to_________
  • First 10 African Americans to _________
  • Memorize preamble of the Constitution
So they will draw a challenge at the beginning of the month, have 2 weeks to complete it, whoever wins gets a night out with Mom & Dad
Clay had a good point though when he said it could not be an outing with both of us because in order to do that the kids that did not participate get a fun night at S'Kids. So we will have to think of something else. I think the prize may differ for each kid. Carly likes toy shopping, Jacob likes video game shopping, and Paityn likes craft supply shopping.
It is still all in the planning stages so please help us by praying for this Family Challenge idea. Also if you have any ideas of "challenges" DO SHARE!! 


1 comment:

  1. LOve this idea! Maybe also add in memorizing bible verses or finding a new bible story in the Bible that they never knew before and having to tell it to the rest of the family. Just a thought :o) Ya'll are great parents.

    ReplyDelete