My fingers do not know where to go on the keyboard for this post.
There are so many things to say.
Ms Cindy has been a blessing to our family. I know she is in a better place now. I know she is complete in heaven instead of in diapers and pain here on earth BUT I MISS HER! I want my buddy across the street that I can escape to when the kids are driving me insane. Clay always knew when he came home from work and saw the Ronald McDonald mug on the counter that I would be heading to Cindys for a cocktail. Ms Cindy kept a bottle of Greygoose in her freezer for me. God I miss her so much.
Paityn and Carly are so sad. Paityn started crying last night at bedtime because she had made Ms Cindy a picture and never got to give it to her. Ms Cindy was like an Aunt to my kids. She was always here for birthday parties. She would come outside and hang out with us all the time. When Angel had puppies she gave us a travel carrier so the puppies could come outside with us. When the puppy we kept got sick it was Ms Cindy that called me to tell me something was wrong. There was a time I had to call 911 and a fire truck came to the house, Ms Cindy was in her driveway crying thinking something was wrong with "one of her kiddos". Every year for Christmas there was something under the Christmas tree from Ms Cindy for the kids and the dag gum pets!! For Halloween one year the girls wanted to be a witch because Ms Cindy was always a witch at Halloween and I have the cutest picture of all of them. Whenever there was some sort of atmosphere anything Cindy was calling or knocking on the door to tell us to check it out. On Easter she would always make the kids a little basket of candy. The girls would go over in the afternoons and play with Ms Cindy and her costume jewelry. Ms Cindy had a drawer of what she called "crafts" for the girls. She so loved my kids. My girls would pick bouquets of weeds and leaves and some times a random flower or two and take them over to Ms Cindy and just talk and talk.
From the moment Cindy moved in I was drawn to her. Not exactly sure why. My husband calls her crazy Cindy, but in all her oddities I loved her more and more. Hey Rebecca not sure why but I just thought of something. Now that Cindy is gone I think it is safe to ask "are you ever going to return that ladder?" HA HA HA HA Cindy would mention that flippin ladder often but never thought it was my place to say anything. HA HA HA
There was one time after Ms Cindy got sick Jamie, Rebecca and I all went over to clean Ms Cindys kitchen. That was CRAZY! There were cat whiskers taped to the cabinets! Nuf said.
Or the birthday party of Jacobs where we had an inflatable pool out front and all his preschool friends over to celebrate. Ms Cindy was of course invited. She came over with this huge stuffed ape gorilla thing as her "date"! If that wasnt enough she started hitting on Clays father not knowing it was his father. She came over to me and told me he was "hot"! No sooner did she say it did Rachel, Clays mom show up! Oh priceless moments with Cindy. I joked with her about that for years! I miss her so much!
When Cindy would come over she wouldnt knock. She would go to the living room window (we have a large front porch) and wait till we saw her then wave (I am laughing and dropping tears on my keyboard). She was so crazy but in a good way!! Unique like me!! Loving and Accepting of everyone!
When it was Obama and McCain, I had a McCain sign in the front yard. Cindy was for Obama. Oh it was a lot of fun. Still to this day I think it was Cindy toying with me and took my sign!! I spray painted a sheet and hung it from the front porch McCAIN/PALIN!!! HA HA HA
Clay and I were remembering last night how she used to always bring over those disposable cameras for the kids. There would be like 5 shots left and she would tell the kids to take the last few pictures then bring her back the cameras and she would have them developed. The kids LOVED THIS!!! I mean LOVE this!! Loved it so much for a few years we would wrap up disposable cameras for them for Christmas they loved it so much (I think I may buy them each one and tell them Cindy wanted them to have it).
How about the day Cindy found out she was "terminal". This really shouldnt be a funny story but Ms Cindy....Oh Cindy.........Love her to death. Rebecca are you laughing through the tears right now? I am!! Rebecca, my adorable neighbor/friend across the street used to drive Ms Cindy to her chemo appointments while pregnant with her #2 and watching Fin her 2 year old. She is a very blessed soul! I dont know how she did it. OK so Rebecca was with her for an appointment that was supposed to be "in and out" well an hour later Rebecca went looking for Cindy. Not exactly sure how it all went but long and short Cindy was told she was terminal and there was no longer reason for the treatments. As they were driving home Cindy asked Rebecca to stop by the ABC store for you. Not sure if you caught this a few sentences back but Rebecca was/is pregnant with her #2!! Cindy told her exactly where in the store to grab her booze, Rebecca got to the counter and the clerk looked her in the eye then down at her belly then back to her eyes and said "I cant sell this to you", did I mention Rebecca is pretty far along in her pregnancy and possibly ready to POP and she looses it. Starts crying and pointing to her car telling the clerk that Cindy is terminal and asking for BOOZE and she is buying it for her etc.... when the clerk looks out to the car sees Cindy, waves and proceeds to check Rebecca out. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I still laugh hysterically just trying to picture this moment!! Rebecca drops Cindy off with her little brown bag then waddles over to my house in a complete panic. Tells me the whole story. I have all of Cindys sisters phone numbers so I start calling them. Rebecca and I are flipping out trying to figure out what to do. We both come to the conclusion "she terminal let her drink" when Claudia calls me back and says "Oh Ya we have a bottle of booze for her in the car already for our trip there this weekend." nuf said
One of Cindy's favorite stories to tell about me was about the time her tree fell. This was not all that long ago so she didn't get the chance to tell it often so I will share it on her for eternity! ;) anyways Cindy got the biggest kick out of me when I went bizerk on the town about her Bradford Pear tree that had fallen down. The town tried to charge her to come pick it up. I went ape shit. I stormed up to Cindy's door took the tag they had hung around her door knob and started calling every flipping number they had on there. I was not about to let them charge her. Long story short the receptionist for the MAYOR called me and we talked. She offered to pay half the ticket and I started crying. Needless to say no one paid anything. I talked to a few neighbors and they all let me put a little pile in front of each of their houses so Cindy wouldn't have to pay. It all worked out great. Cindy would always joke "Be careful or she will call Obama on you"
Another crazy story involving Cindy was the time she came over and borrowed our plunger. HA HA HA See if Cindy were sitting here right now she would put her head in the palm of her hand and say "Yup she is going to tell the story" see that is just how our relationship was. We are both CRAZY! but in all honesty the crazy part is not her asking to borrow our plunger when I barely knew her. She had just moved in maybe 3 months prior. The crazy part is not her having to borrow our bathroom either (yup there she is sitting there shaking her head) the crazy part is the fact that I had cleaned the bathroom just that morning!!! See I dont clean bathrooms. I will not clean bathrooms. I told Clay when we first moved in together that I will clean every thing and anything but not the bathrooms. And that morning I had an over whelming feeling to clean the bathroom. No sooner did I get finished did Cindy knock. That is just crazy to me!!
Oh and not long after Cindy moved in did the guy that used to live in Rebecca & Pats house tell Cindy that my husband Clay was the FBIs MOST WANTED!! I will never forget when Cindy told me about that and asked me what he was talking about!! Oh that was priceless!! My husband the FBIs most wanted!! HA HA HA
Oh the Cindy stories can go on and on.
I am on my own this weekend with the youngest 2 girls. Clay and the older 3 just left for the mountains to visit his parents for the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment