Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Guardian

Yesterday I read a blog titled "21 things your burglar wont tell you".
Seemed like a good read at the time.
I mean dont you want to know?
BUT Not such a great idea when your husband left that morning for the mountains for 3 days!!
Daaaaa Merideth!!
Last night before I even took the kids up for bath the blog tips started coming to mind and I found myself turning on porch lights and closing blinds so no burglar driving by would see our flat screen tv, computers or gaming systems! Then as soon as I had them all tucked in snug in their beds I set the CPI alarm and found my van keys to put by my pillow.
(These are all tips the blog mentioned)
But I must admit nothing made me feel safer than having Princess Coco Rosebud Dillard sleeping beside me!!
One of the comments at the end of the blog was exactly that. Nothing works better at deterring a burglar then a BIG DOG!!
So since I have 2 big dogs I left one out back as a warning system and one inside right next to me as my GUARDIAN!! She is such a good girl. When I got up in the middle of the night to go potty she walked me to the potty. It was just like having Angel back. When Angel was around and I was pregnant she was by my side constantly while I was home.
There is no stronger love than that of your 4 legged child!! I know she would have given her life for me and my kids if a burglar had tried to get in! I have seen how mad she gets at Frisco and just pictured her attacking a burglar just like that! HA HA
Love you Coco & Frisco!!
MISS YOU ANGEL RIP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment